Thursday, April 25, 2013

Dried Cranberries/Golden Raisins/ Cheese Ruffles Cookies

This is my first try on cookies and I really like the texture and taste a lot! Not oily and too sugar for me. Plus I love cranberries and raisins and chip so I added them in the mixture. ^^

Will be passing them around this days. =)
Its quite easy to make cookies as of how everyone commented. However, if you are interested with my recipe, you could continue this post. Otherwise, click on the advertisement for me. Thank you! 


Recipe is measure to about 40-50 pieces (varies according to the size of cookies)
 Ingredients needed: - 100g unsalted butter, softened at rm temperature
                                 - 1/2cup castor sugar (100g)
                                 - 1 egg
                                 - 1&1/3 cup self-raising flour (170g)
                                 - Dried cranberries, golden raisins (any toppings you prefer)

Steps:
1. Add castor suger + butter; Mix well or by whisking it.
2. At the meantime, preheat your oven first @ 160C

4. Your mixture will be in this form and you could still feel the sugar is yet to dissolve. (Don worry)
3. Add egg to mixture by portion; Mix well. (I add the egg by two portion, remember to mix well before adding the second portion in)

5. Then, your mixture will be slightly softer after adding egg in.
6. Sift flour before hand.
7. Add flour by portion (1/4) to mixture; Mix well


8. Prepare your toppings/fillings. I have slice them to small pieces.

9. Mix the raisins, cranberries in separate bowls; mix well.
10. Roll dough to about 1cm each. (depends on individual)

11. Place each about half thumb length (2-2.5 cm) apart on baking sheet.
12. Use fork to press down
13. Bake @ 160c for 15-20 minutes; alternative using a toothpick method.

The much brown cookies are slight burned but still so yummy! If you have noticed the shape is different. Yes. I wanted to have the famous amos look but it doesnt carry it. Plus, im just lazy to roll and use fork. 

So I was thinking about using my cheese ruffles as the topping. So I came up with this idea by using up the last portion. So nice!!!

Yeap! So its done and ready to serve. A good gift treat for your friends/ kids/ anyone. =)
Enjoyed! =D

Loves, wena

No comments: